This project is available for those volunteers who aren't paragons of crafting wonder (as many of them seem to be), or just don't have time to do as much as they'd like to.
TLC Cherubs ~ TLC Baby Announcements ~ TLC for Angels printable poem
- Take a shoebox (any size will do)
- Wrap the top and bottom separately and festively. You can wrap the bottom with plain paper and the top with a printed TLC Onsie logo; or make a heart box, use a square basket (no projecting handle), or a plastic box from the dollar store, or make a tote bag, or whatever... Alternatively, use a 2-liter plastic bottle: cut a slit in the bottom of the bottle wide enough to insert items and hot glue some curling ribbon or silk flowers to the neck of the bottle.
- Label the box with the printable label below or your own.
- Fill the box with goodies (see our TLC Cherubs page for craft ideas):
toiletries (travel-size soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer), scented body wash (for mom),
stamps, stationery, envelopes, pens, coupons, calling cards,
picture frame, photo album, disposable camera,
small baby toys,
socks, washcloths, receiving blankets, teething rings, bibs,
baby's first Christmas ornament,
baby powder, baby lotion, diaper rash ointment, baby wipes, newborn diapers,
anything that is small and useful when you don't have much
try raiding your local dollar store.
*You can make an Angel Cache for the new mommy (candles, lotions, moisturizers, photo album...), the new dad (prepaid phone card, disposable camera, small frame for displaying a photo at work...), the new arrival (toys, blankets, books...), a sibling (stuffed animal, notebook, colored pencils or crayons, disposable camera...), or the whole family.
- Mail to the leader for the current project.
Here is a gift for you
from your friends at
TLC for Angels
850 Fort Plains Road
Howell, NJ 07731-1190